The Imo for Windows 10 is the next best thing for those that prefer the relaxed feel of being on a chair and chatting with friends. All of that while still doing other things on your desktop. Compared to the mobile version, you can only do so much with your smartphone when it comes to multitasking. That is why the Imo for PC is such a blessing and the right kind of change.
What Is Imo?
Imo is a messenger app available for Android, iOS devices, Mac OS, and Windows operating systems. It has one of the cleanest user interfaces, and you can chat with a person or in a group chat with this app. The Imo messenger also supports video calls and is one of the most used live video chat apps globally.
The Imo messenger app is in league with the Kik messenger app, Facebook Messenger, FaceTime, Hike messenger, and WeChat for PC. It goes without saying that if you choose your next messenger app, the Imo for PC and Android or iOS should be your better options.
Now, let’s talk about the reason why you came here in the first place. Your interest in installing Imo for PC is what this article is all about. There are a couple of ways for you to download and install Imo on your Windows device. And we have prepared all of them for you here. It is just when you are not comfortable with one method or that your system does not meet the minimum requirements.
Download Imo for PC
Important Reminder: Downloading only the Imo app will NOT run on Windows PC. You need to read the full instruction on how to properly install the file on any Windows machine.
How to Download and Install Imo for PC
Method 1: Use Android Emulator
This is the most preferred method in this list, as this will be applicable for most Windows versions. We will be using an Android emulator to install Imo for PC. So if you think this will work for you, read on and learn how to do it.
- The first is to get a copy of the Android emulator of your choice. If you do not know any Android emulator, we recommend the BlueStacks Android emulator. Head over to BlueStack’s official website, or you can use the download button that we provided for you in case you want to do things quickly.
- Click the installer button to start the download immediately. Note that the installer is about 400MB in size. So it might take longer to finish the download. You can use our highly recommended IDM download accelerator if you want to get the installer quicker.
- When the download finishes, double-click on the installer to start integrating the emulator in your Windows OS.
- You can choose to create a new folder where you can save the BlueStacks or follow the on-screen Windows default installation folder.
- The installation should finish within a few minutes. When it does, double-click on the desktop icon to launch the emulator for the first time.
- You should be greeted with a short instruction on using and interacting with the BlueStacks controls and on-screen buttons.
- When you are finally directed to the main Android desktop user-interface, do not click anything yet. Leave it running in the background for now.
- Now, we have prepared a download button where you can get the Imo APK to install on the BlueStacks, click on it.
- The download should initiate immediately. Let it finish.
- When done, drag and drop the Imo APK file to the BlueStacks window. Or you can do double-click to install Imo to BlueStacks automatically.
- You may now start using Imo for PC. Enjoy chatting with your loved ones and friends.
Method 2: Get from Windows Store
This method is particularly for the Windows 10 version only. Sadly, Windows 8 and 8.1 are not supported even though they also have access to Windows Store. But anyway, you can go to your Windows Store on your PC running Windows 10. Or you can use the button below so you can head straight to the Windows Store in one click.
This version of Imo for PC is not really a recommended version. It has almost everything that Imo app features but it has some bugs. Some reports and reviews say that it is slow to load and sometimes even crashes. Still, it is possible that Imo developers have fixed it recently.
If you want to try out this Imo for PC version, just go to the Windows Store. And please be kind enough to get back here and tell us your experience using it. It will greatly help other Imo users if you do.
Method 3: Use MSI Installer
Here is the next best thing about the Imo from Android or iOS. The fact that this desktop version will only work if you permit it from your phone gives you more security.
Since this is an MSI installer, this will better integrate with your Windows PC. This means that this app will work seamlessly with your Windows hardware because it will require fewer resources compared to using an Android emulator.
Although, there will be some minor setbacks such as features from smartphone to PC integration. And then there is also the fact that you cannot just easily use the Imo for PC if your phone is not around for you to access and give it permission.
But overall, this is a great addition to what Imo can do. It is basically available to most popular operating systems and therefore the transition is just as easy as walking on the street.
Method 4: Google Chrome Extension
Another good reason why you should choose Imo is its versatility to adapt to most situations. If you are unable to install Imo directly to your desktop, you can always Google Chrome. As most of you already know, the Chrome browser supports plug-ins and extensions. That includes integration with the Imo messenger.
And here is an added good feature. You can also do a video call from the extension directly using the Chrome resources. So here is what you should do:
- Open your Google Chrome if it is not running yet.
- Click the button below.
- When you are directed to the Chrome extension URL, click the Add To Chrome button.
- Wait for a few seconds, and you will find the Imo icon on the Chrome’s extension list.
- That’s it. Just click on the icon, and you can use Imo through Google Chrome environment.
If you want to make a comparison over which messaging app is better or best, the Imo app will get my vote in a heartbeat. And I suppose the rest of our team as well. As you may not realize it, we are all using the Imo for PC and mobile devices. It is a
Video Calling Software or a video conferencing app with simple user interface where you can Exchange messages, audio messages and even contact management options for contact list.
The app’s crystal-clear audio allows you to have a private voice or video call anywhere. A better alternative for other voice chat applications.
This software program is potentially malicious or may contain unwanted bundled software. It means that a benign program is wrongfully flagged as malicious due to an overly broad detection signature or algorithm used in an antivirus program. Use of this app may also vary from country to country.
So being here, what makes you choose Imo for PC over other messenger apps? And can you recommend the Imo app to your other friends and family? Tell us your opinion because we love to know what you think about the quality video of this popular video chat considering your experience.
And if you ever have questions that you want us to answer, just leave a message in the comment section. We will surely get back to you ASAP.