Shazam for PC could have been a great application if only its developers have continued support for it. Sadly, the Shazam for Windows had been discontinued last February 2017. This is due to some commercial and functional factors that Shazam’s feature is also available within the Window’s Cortana digital voice assistant. And then there is the fact that Windows mobile is dead. So there is no more commercial value on that platform anymore.
The Shazam app is more than just a music player such as Garageband, or Musixmatch. It helps you recognize or identify any music that is currently playing near you. If your device’s microphone can hear it, it should be able to identify the title and the artist associated with the song. It is most effective when the device is connected to the internet. But it still has functions when it is offline. It will just be limited.
The only ones left using the Windows Store are some Windows 8.1 and 10 users. And if these users want the Shazam feature for Windows, they can just activate Cortana for that purpose. Well, I honestly feel bad knowing that there is an app for Mac OS but not for the Windows OS?
But for those people that want the exact Shazam app for their Windows PC, we have the solution for you. And yes, this is as serious as the Shazam app itself. But we will have to use a workaround to make this transition happen. And if you do not mind using third-party software to get the job done, then, by all means, continue reading.
Download Shazam for PC
|Author||Shazam Entertainment Limited|
Downloading only the Shazam app will NOT run on Windows PC. You need to read the full instruction on how to properly install APK files on any Windows machine.
How to Download and Install Shazam for PC
I must warn you that you are about to download a huge file at around 400MB. Not if you have a slow internet connection, I advise that you use a download booster such as IDM aka Internet Download Manager. But if you are alright with normally downloading the file with your current internet speed, you may do so still.
- If you know an Android emulator that you trust, you can use it or you can use the most popular Android emulator called BlueStacks. You may visit its official website or you can get an installer directly from the download button we provided for this article.
- Initiate the download as soon as you are ready. If you have installed a download manager, it should handle the download and finish it in a few minutes.
- As soon as the download finishes, double-click on it to start the installation.
- Choose where you want the app to be saved and let it finish.
- When the installation is through, look for the BlueStacks icon on your desktop.
- Double-click the icon to launch the BlueStacks application.
- Since this is the first time for you to launch the app, a short instruction on how to use the app will greet you. Use it to familiarize yourself with the controls until you are directed to the main desktop.
- Now, find the download button for the Shazam APK in this article. Click on it to initialize the download.
- After the download finishes, you may double-click on the APK file to automatically install Shazam for PC. Or you can drag and drop the APK to the BlueStacks interface and it will install like a normal app.
- After a few seconds, the Shazam icon should appear on your BlueStacks application list.
- Click on it to start the app.
- You may now enjoy Shazam for PC with its full features nothing more and nothing less.
Features of Shazam
- More than 100 million users can tell you enough that this app is doing a great job with what it promises to do.
- Learn about the music title, artist, and more with just one tap.
- Get a preview of a song before you can add them to Spotify.
- Sing along to the lyrics of the song as it plays real-time on your screen.
- Supports song identification even when you are online and out of the internet range.
- Find out new music and tracks with the app’s recommendation.
- Features real-time music chart for the most popular music download.
- Supports cloud sync when you log in to another device. So you will be sure to see and play all your music, and other media content no matter how many devices you transfer to.
- Streamlined through all Google-related apps like Google Play Music and even purchase it with just one tap.
- Connect to your Facebook account and find out your friend’s Shazamed playlists.
- Supports QR code reader for visual recognition feature.
- Supports Android wear feature that means you can view the artist and some information about the song right on your Android Wear’s screen.
This is the part where we should be glad that even after the shutdown of the official Shazam for PC, people still can enjoy Shazam app. It is really useful especially if you are so into music. And for those people who love learning new songs when they are out and about, the Shazam is more than just a multimedia app. It is an assistant. A song identification facility where you can find any song at current time. Find the exact song and the proper song of what you are looking for. If it finds a match, Shazam will send information such as the artist, song title, and album back to the user. Shazam application is one of the most popular music application has been downloaded hundreds of millions of time.
You can now Download Shazam App for PC directly from our site. There is a direct link in a blue button. Find song details and amazing songs you’ve been looking for from the all-new Shazam and with new improvements to music recognition!
So tell us. What feature of the Shazam app works best for you and why do you think it should always be on your mobile phone? You can also tell us some things about the app that is not so good for user experience. We would love to know more from you guys because it’s different when they say it on paper and when people say it from experience.
If you have questions and other concerns, feel free to reach out or leave your messages in the comment section. We will try to get back to you as soon as we can.