I am pretty sure you’ve heard of the Periscope app. But if you haven’t, the Periscope app for Android and iOS is an excellent tool for mobile users. Periscope allows the public, selective, and private broadcast of your events. Of course, there are many live broadcasting videos out there but not all of them offer free services. Periscope is a live video streaming app that allows users to broadcast live video from anywhere on the planet. People can watch it live and leave comments, which the broadcaster can see and respond to.
And most of those free services are from Facebook and YouTube. It’s alright if those platforms are enough for you. But for the users of Periscope who know the worth of the app, will understand the purpose of this article. The Periscope app alone will not run on a Windows PC. You must read the entire tutorial on how to install APK files correctly on any Windows PC. This is why this article is here to guide you.
The periscope was developed by Kayvon Beykpour and Joe Bernstein and acquired by Twitter Inc. before its launch back in 2015. After then, the live video broadcasting app became so popular in the social media world. And the fact that it is integrated with the Twitter app itself is a bonus too.
The Periscope app is not solely for Twitter use. As a matter of fact, you can share your video from Periscope to other popular social media apps that you have an account with. It can be Facebook, Instagram app, and YouTube as well.
The best part about the Periscope is its features a 24-hour-only video post. Yes, for those people who do not want their videos to stay on the internet forever, this is a good option. Of course, you can still choose to keep it posted for long if you want. But the fact that the option is there makes it more interesting. You can always start fresh the next day if that is your thing. Now, for the primary purpose why you came here, we will teach of a way to use Periscope for PC. Let’s start.
On this page, you’ll learn about the following:
Download Periscope for PC
Downloading only the Periscope app will not run on Windows PC. You need to read the full instruction on how to properly install APK files on any Windows machine.
How to Download and Install Periscope for PC
Let me give you some clarification first. There is no official Periscope for PC. Well, at least for now. Perhaps Twitter will launch one someday. Let’s just cross our fingers to that. In order for us to gain access to Periscope for PC with its full features, we will be using an Android emulator to run the app. There are many choices out there but we will settle with one of the best and that is BlueStacks app.
- On your web browser, open a new tab and go to BlueStacks official website. Or if you prefer staying in this article, click on the BlueStacks download button that we provided.
- Note that the BlueStacks app is quite a handful of downloads with a 400MB of size. So if you want a faster downloader, try using the IDM version 6. It should give you five times faster download speed.
- After the download finishes, double-click on the installer to start the installation.
- When the installation finishes, find the shortcut icon on the main desktop of your PC or laptop.
- Double-click on that icon to launch the BlueStacks for the first time.
- There will be some quick instructions on how to control and properly use BlueStacks. So if you are not familiar with the usage, try to remember the instruction.
- Now, find the Periscope download button in this article and click on it to get the APK file.
- When the download finishes, you may double-click on the APK file or you can drag it to the BlueStacks window UI to start the installation.
- In just a few seconds, you will have a full working Periscope for PC. Use it as you please.
Features of Periscope
- Allows public, selective, and private broadcast of your events.
- Integrated directly with Twitter so you can always share instantly on the social media.
- Supports sharing to other social media platforms such as YouTube and Facebook.
- Suggests people in your network or people that may have the same interest as yours.
- Sends out an instant notification to your followers as soon as you go live and public. Or just the person you want to see you go live.
- Follow and unfollow people from your network.
- Take control of everything that is going on with your social media account using the Periscope settings.
- Discover videos from all over the world within Periscope.
- Supports instant replay with only the highlights of the event.
- Share your present adventure anytime you want your friends or to your vast network of followers locally and around the world.
Periscope is a smartphone or tablet programme that allows you to share and watch live video streams directly from your device. Live streaming, interactive watching, and mapping are just a few of the options available.
If you doubt that Periscope for PC is possible, consider this. The BlueStacks emulation app can run the app with the same simplicity and performance as it would on an Android device. You can download it easily from this article. The links are given above. It is easy to download and install on your PC. Make streaming video or live-stream videos and your video broadcast or broadcasts of videos private.
You can experience video broadcast on a large screen with Periscope for PC with brilliant features and special features that you won’t want to let go of. Thanks to third-party software like Android emulators like Bluestacks, you can easily download and run Periscope on your computer. Using Periscope on a computer can give you a lot of benefits with multi-tasking options, streaming options and easy controls. It is a versatile software and a solution for users who like privacy. Hit that install button and download BlueStacks from the above button.
To make the BlueStacks app run better and smoother, make sure that you install the latest dotnet framework for Windows. And also, enable the virtualization feature of your device from the BIOS. If you do not know how to do that, you can check and ask Google for the details. It is easy when you find out how it is done.
So for today’s question, what is your favorite reason for using Periscope? And why do you prefer it from the other live streaming broadcast apps? Tell us your opinion in the comment section below because we love to find out.
For queries and suggestions, just leave your message in the comment section as well. Ask about extensions, Periscope Overview, installation process, successful installation, broadcasts by location or anything about the article. It is an app for people who likes privacy and millions of people use Periscope for their operating systems. We love active users that always want to know useful things from the internet and especially from this site. And if you have friends or know some people who would like to learn about Periscope for PC, please do share this article with them!