Youtube is the new go-to place when in Leisure as well as finding tutorials and for learning. It has become the new normal thing. And with that freedom, it’s hard to control what content you get. And if you have kids, that might be a problem. YouTube Kids is essentially a children’s version of the internet’s most popular video destination. The content available on YouTube Kids is limited to curated, family-friendly videos, channels, and instructive pieces. The app’s layout incorporates huge graphics, colourful symbols, and carefully picked launch video that are kids friendly. The YouTube platform has been catering to diverse types of videos ranging from educational to absurdly nonsense-themed clips. Included in their list are videos oriented for children. But since the platform does not know the age of the user watching all these videos, there are tendencies that some inappropriate clips would end up on a child’s playlist. A safe experience for kids with controls Limit and videos for kids. Here’s how you download YouTube Kids for PC! Here is a step by step installation guide just for you.
The YouTube Kids is an app for Android and iOS that offers videos that are oriented only for children. These videos range from educational to innocent cartoons available online. But since the YouTube Kid app is only available for mobile devices, you won’t find a version for the Windows OS until now. So the SoftAlien crew will guide you on a workaround to use a full version and full-featured YouTube Kids app on a Windows platform.
On this page, you’ll learn about the following:
Download YouTube Kids for PC
|YouTube Kids 6.46.2
Downloading only the YouTube Kids app will NOT run on Windows PC. You need to read the full instruction on how to properly install the file on any Windows machine. Do you know you can watch YouTUbe videos without ads now? Download the YouTube Vanced app for free to get rid of ads.
How to Download and Install YouTube Kids for PC
We all know that Android and iOS apps are not supported natively on Windows. But through the use of Android or iOS emulators, porting an app from a different operating system is now possible. As a matter of fact, even other Linux-based emulators have emulators as well.
At this point, we will be using an Android emulator that will enable us to run Android apps on Windows. The BlueStacks is one of the most reliable and performance-driven emulators available to date. Here is how to use it.
How-to Guide to Download
- The first thing to do is download BlueStacks app player installer from the download button below and the YouTube Kids APK file from the download button above.
- Please know that the BlueStacks app is around 400MB of file size. So downloading it should take a bit longer. To speed up the process, try using the Internet Download Manager as a download booster.
- After you finish the download, start with the BlueStacks. Double-click on the installer to initiate the installation.
- Choose your preferred installation folder or use the Windows default Program Files folder.
- The installation should take about a few minutes depending on the speed of your computer.
- When the installation finishes, find the BlueStacks shortcut key on the Windows main desktop.
- Double-click on the icon to launch the Android emulator.
- You will be required to log in your Google account. If you have an existing Google account using an Android device, use that. If none, just create a new account. This is required to access BlueStacks full potential and for you to use all Google’s features such as Google Assistant for PC, Google Duo for Windows, or Google Earth on PC.
- Once you finish the setup and reach the emulator’s main user interface, go to the downloaded YouTube Kids APK file.
- Drag the APK file and drop to the BlueStacks running window.
- Wait a few moments until you see the YouTube Kids app icon on the emulator’s list of installed apps.
- Click on the YouTube Kids app, and you are good to go. That’s it.
Features of YouTube Kids
- Shows only videos approved by YouTube algorithm as kids appropriate.
- Gives the parent the ability to block videos that they think are inappropriate for their children.
- Be able to turn on or off the Search feature within the app.
- Create up to eight profiles for your kids. Each with different preferences and videos that you want them to watch.
- Gives you access to activity history so you can review all the videos that the child has viewed while using the app.
- Stream and connect YouTube Kids app on TV (supported TV).
- Control the timer to limit the kids on the amount of time they spend on using the app. This is very helpful to make sure that your kid gets a balanced amount of activity and not stuck on just watching YouTube videos.
- Supports video reporting to give the parent the ability to report any videos that are not supposed to be included within the YouTube Kids platform.
YouTube has been around for a while and has quickly become one of the most popular forms of entertainment. For your children, the YouTube Kids app is a potential option. But, for the time being, it isn’t flawless. The good news is that a new feature has been added that allows only human-reviewed videos to display on the app’s playlist. Putting the children on a separate channel is the greatest method to ensure that they only see videos that are acceptable for them. Then, try to keep an eye on what the child is seeing to make sure he or she isn’t getting too carried away.
Set age category and creative videos kids love to watch. The installation process is easy and the installation file can be found in the above.
Although the app is a decent start, it is far from child-safe. There are still some uploaders who ostensibly employ kid-friendly cartoon characters but do something quite different. And these videos often get past the YouTube algorithm. As a result, human assistance is still required. Stop watching unsuitable movies, mature content, inappropriate content, or other types of videos/video recommendations that you don’t want your children to watch.
In today’s question, do you think YouTube Kids app is suitable for your kids? If not, what other alternative video platforms that you can recommend to other parents? Tell us what you think in the comment section below. We would love to know some of your ideas. Did you have a successful installation and did this Installation procedure helped? Hope this step installation guide helped you.
Feel free to leave comments about your individual experiences, screen time, or online experience and suggestions or feedback from parents below. We will try to respond to them as much as we can.