Super Smash Bros for PC is a fan favorite, and that is for sure. Nintendo will have so much gain on this if they finally and officially decided to port the game on other platforms. But sadly, the Super Smash Bros for PC is currently not available.
Well officially, there is no Super Smash Bros for PC. But that does not mean that it is not possible. As a matter of fact, you can very much play the game on your PC with some workarounds. Now, if you are a fan of the game and you just broke your Wii console or Nintendo Switch, or you only have your PC to play your favorite games, this is a great day for you.
Super Smash Bros is an arcade-type fighting video game with the dream crossover that most gamers would really drool about. All the famous characters of the 80s and the 90s from Nintendo and other popular consoles at that time are in this game fighting against every other character. All of them use their very own fighting techniques and some more special moves.
The game features some of Nintendo’s resident stars like Mario, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Pikachu (Pokemon Go app), Kirby, Link, and many more. And it does not stop there. Other characters from other consoles like Ryu, Pac-man, Sonic Hedgehog, and Megaman are also here. There are tons of reasons for you to love this game. And one way or another, you will have more reasons to find as you play along.
If this game is really that good, why not develop a Super Smash Bros for PC? This is where the SoftAlien team will find a way to make this game work on Windows no matter what. Fortunately, there’s good news.
How to Install Super Smash Bros for PC
As mentioned earlier, there is no official Super Smash Bros for PC. So what we are going to do is use an emulator as a workaround. And this is where everything makes a turn. In a few minutes, you will be able to play Super Smash Bros on your Windows PC or laptop. If you are okay with an emulator for your games and do not mind installing a third-party application, I guess we can start now. Here is how to do it.
- First of all, we will need a special Nintendo emulator to run the Super Smash Bros for PC. The emulator that we will be using is the Dolphin emulator. It can run not just GameCube games but also of Wii. So your Super Smash Bros will rightly run here as well.
- Go to the Dolphin emulator official page and get a copy of the latest emulator version from there.
- Now, the emulator files will be in a compressed format usually in ZIP or 7z. You will need a WinRAR or 7zip to extract this file.
- Once extracted, you do not have to do anything yet. Just leave it for now.
- Now download the Super Smash Bros ISO file here. The file is around 8GB so downloading this will take some time. If you already have the ISO file copy on your Windows local drive, you can skip this step and continue to the next step.
- It would be best to put the Super Smash Bros ISO file inside a folder named “ROM” and place it inside the Dolphin emulator folder as well.
- Inside the Dolphin emulator folder, double-click on the Dolphin executable file.
- You will be greeted by a pop-up notification requesting to allow Dolphin to report usage statistics. You may choose Yes or No for this. Typically, we chose Yes so that the developers of Dolphin emulator will have more data for them to improve this emulator.
- The next you will see is the “Dolphin couldn’t find any ISO” note. This is normal because you still have not loaded the Super Smash Bros ISO.
- Click on the “Open” button on the top left corner of the Dolphin window.
- This will open the file browser. Go to the ROM folder inside the Dolphin folder where you placed the Super Smash Bros ISO file.
- The Super Smash Bros should now appear on the Dolphin main interface. If not, click on the “Refresh” button and it should now show the Super Smash Bros title.
- If you have a controller connected to your PC, you may want to configure your controller first using the “Controller” button.
- You may now double-click on the Super Smash Bros icon on the Dolphin emulator now to start playing.
Super Smash Bros for PC may not happen any time soon, but at least there is a way to enjoy this superb and fun game still. If there is an issue here, I am assuming that it is the part where you will need to download the 8GB worth of ISO file. If you have a slow internet connection, that should be a bummer. But if you really love the game, I don’t see how that is a problem or an issue.
So now that we have reached the final part of this step-by-step guide, may we ask, which character are you planning to use first when you launch the game? Tell us your opinion. We would be delighted to know which character is still the most popular that are included in the game.
If you have questions especially regarding today’s topic, feel free to leave your queries in the comment section below. We will be more than happy to help you out more so you can enjoy playing the Super Smash Bros for PC.