Are you an iMessage user? Are your contacts all on iMessage app and Apple ecosystem? What if you get into a situation where you only have Windows OS to deal with but you have to chat with someone using iMessage? Now the problem arises. But do you know that you can use iMessage for PC? It is very easy to get it on your PC now. This article will give you the answers you are looking for. Just follow the instructions given below and you will find a link where you can download it directly.
On this page, you’ll learn about the following:
How to Download and Install iMessage for PC
There are several methods to install iMessage on your PC. Choose the best one that applies to your needs.
Install with an Emulator
- This method is easy. All you have to do is use your Windows web browser and search for the iPadian iOS emulator to run iOS apps. Or you can use this direct link to download a copy of the iPadian installer.
- Use IDM to speed up the download. After the download finishes, run the installer and choose where you want the app installed on your Windows PC. You can create a new folder or follow the default installation prompts of Windows that lead to the Program Files folder.
- Once you finish the installation, you can then go to the shortcut from the desktop and click on it to launch the iPadian emulator.
- For your first-time use, the emulator will ask your Apple account information to log in.
- When you finally enter the main desktop that looks a bit familiar to you, find the App Store.
- From there, you can search for the iMessage and install it.
- You can now use iMessage for PC. Enjoy.
Install Using WeMessage
This method will need a Mac with you for this to work. And please also note that because this method is not fully supported by Apple, there is a high chance that this will only work for some period of time. Or at least just until the developer hit a wall and a dead-end. But for now, this method works with only the basic necessities from iMessage app.
Install on Mac
- First is to make sure that your Mac has a Java Development Kit installed. If there is none, you should get one from Oracle (Java) website.
- On the Oracle site’s download page, make sure to choose the file that ends in DMG extension because that is the file that works for Mac devices.
- On your Mac’s System Preferences, go to Security and Privacy. Then click on Privacy and look for the Accessibility option on the left side of the box.
- There should be a list that shows the Terminal. If not, there is a lock icon at the lowest left bottom of the box. Click on it to enable changes.
- Now click the plus sign to add Terminal to the list and make sure it is checked.
- This time download WeServer on your Mac from its official site. Choose “Download for Mac” to get the latest version.
- When the download finishes, extract the ZIP file.
- There will be a run-command file so double-click on it to run the script for running the WeServer in Terminal.
- If you see a pop-up window that says Unidentified Developer, just click Open.
- After you give it permission, the terminal will ask you to enter your iMessage email and password. Use the same email that you use on the official iMessage but never use the same password. Use anything else like your name with added numbers for your security.
Install on Android
- Now, this is the part where you run Android apps on Windows and install an Android emulator like BlueStacks. After you install an Android emulator, install the WeMessage. To do this, open the Play Store and search for the WeMessage app.
- Install the app.
- After the installation, the WeMessage app will ask for the IP address from the WeServer on your Mac. Also, your real iMessage email address and the new password you created earlier for the WeServer.
- Depending on how you want to use WeMessage, there are two ways to choose from: The private and public IP address.
- The private IP address is only used for when you only want to utilize WeMessage inside your home or on your WiFi network only. If you choose a public IP address, you can use WeMessage wherever you are as long as you have an internet connection or data connection.
- For Private IP address, go to System Preferences> Network> Open Network Preferences> Advanced> TCP/IP. On the IPv4 Address, that is your Mac’s private IP address. Type it in when you log in to WeMessage along with your Apple account.
- For public IP address, you should be able to access your router’s web UI or settings page using your browser. Since every router has a different default gateway, you will need to check your router’s manual to check. For common router default gateway, try 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 and hit Enter.
- Type in Admin both for username and password or check the back of your router as this information is usually placed there.
- Once you are in, go to Advanced Option and look for the Port Forwarding. Create a Port Forwarding profile and name it WeServer.
- For the IP address, use the private IP address from Mac earlier. The source port and destination port would be 22222. Choose TCP or TCP/UDP for Protocol.
- To check your Mac’s public IP address, use your Mac’s Safari browser and go to WhatIsMyIP then you will see your Mac’s IP address.
Log into WeMessage on your Android Device
- Tap on the WeMessage app icon to open the service.
- Now choose whether to use private IP or public IP address to your WeMessage account.
- A window will ask you whether to block contacts or sync contacts.
- After that, you can do whatever you want with your WeMessage already connected to your iMessage.
Please be noted that WeMessage is just a temporary remedy for instances where you have no direct access to your iMessage. While this app is promising and good for now, knowing Apple, this method will eventually be blocked sooner or later. But you can enjoy this for now.
Also, do not expect too much on the features inside the WeMessage. It is limited mostly to chat and some emojis on the side as well. You can explore the rest for yourself. But know that it does not all the features of iMessage overall.
Did You Know?
iMessage is exclusively available on Apple products and platforms only. That means there is no official iMessage app to download anywhere that will directly work on any Windows version of the operating system. But being in the age of innovation and breakthrough, people will always find a hack, a workaround, or remedy for these types of things. And that’s what this is all about—to give you a way to use iMessage for PC.
The iMessage is not like your traditional email or conversational Email. And Apple’s messages app works only on Apple devices. There are differences between email and iMessage which is a simple chat format like that of android phones.
Now, this will work only if you memorize all your Apple login information. And since that will be highly likely, then the method mentioned here should be easy for you. So without further ado, here is how you download and install iMessage for PC the easiest way.
Some websites would even recommend you use Chrome Remote Desktop tool. But for now, you can read the article and follow the steps if you want to install it easily.
Reddit users have also asked about this on Reddit but it’s complicated. Most of them giving out a couple of solutions that can be silly solutions or bad solutions. However, we have given you with information and solutions in this post that you may find useful. You might also find many silly solution but make sure you read proper articles.
When you use WeMessage and WeServer with your public IP address, you run the risk of being tracked. We don’t know what codes are in WeMessage because it’s a closed source software. It has the potential to be used to hack your account. Although this is a worst-case situation, use WeMessage at your own risk.
Of course, you’ll need to select the Enable remote Connection button on the Chrome Remote Desktop screen if you want to use your Windows 10 PC as a host in the future. You should also see a small box at the bottom of your Mac’s screen that says Your desktop is presently shared, as well as a Stop sharing button. You can have it right now from our website. It is simple and straightforward to download. All you have to do now is find the links from the article above and you’re ready to start. It’s for you. At least, that’s all we have to say about it.
So, if you want to try iMessage on your remote desktop window, the majority of people especially android users. Even with iPhone users, the incoming text messages have you unlocking the iPhone every other second to check their personal messages and phone lifting can interrupt work, hence they want to use it on their PC. The ideal solution for this would be to download it on PC through the link above.
And do share this article with your friends if they want to learn some workaround on using their iMessage on other platforms!