If you are currently using Lorex and Flir security products, then you are probably using the mobile app to view and access a server on the Flir Cloud service. But wouldn’t it be better if you could use the Flir Cloud for PC version? Aside from the fact that it will be much efficient, it will also be better than using a small screen.
The Flir Cloud service is intended for consumers that are currently using CCTV (Closed-Circuit Television) to monitor their properties. Security cameras are a necessity nowadays. This is not just to protect your home or business but to also monitor any activities around the vicinity of your backyard. To some, CCTV is used to monitor their loved ones. This is ideal for parents for their babies when they are not near or around them.
And since Flir Cloud is useful on mobile devices on both Android and iOS, it is just right to have this app on Windows and Mac version. And that is what this article is all about. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to install Flir Cloud for PC.
On this page, you’ll learn about the following:
Download Flir Cloud for PC
How to Install Flir Cloud for PC
Unlike other mobile apps that are available for Android, the Flir Cloud is not limited to those platforms. In fact, Flir Cloud is developed for all major operating system such as Android, iOS, Mac, and Windows.
This means that you will not need to install any Android emulator to make this work. This will be as simple as a pie. Here is how it works.
- The first thing to do is click on the download button provided above.
- When the download finishes, go to the download folder and find the Flir Cloud Client on a zip file.
- If you are using Windows 8 version or later, any zip file is accessible by default with just some clicks. So all you need to do is double-click on the zip file to see the Flir Cloud client installer.
- If you are using Windows 7 and older versions, you need WinRAR or similar software to extract the Flir Cloud client installer.
- Once you see the installer, double-click to initiate the installation process.
- Follow the on-screen prompt and choose the default program file folder as the installation folder.
- Wait a few moments, and the installation should be done. That’s it.
You must register or sign up for a Flir account to be able to use the service whether you are using the mobile app version or the PC and laptop version.
This is also necessary to set up the CCTV devices and connect to the cloud. This way, you will be able to view streaming a live feed from the cameras in real-time.
Features of Flir Cloud Client
- Be able to view live videos from multiple connected cameras.
- Features remote control over compatible PTZ devices.
- Access stored and download videos through the client using internet and cloud connection.
- Be able to configure motion triggered push notification so you will be able to see any activity in the area of surveillance.
The mobile app version is already a great help. Now, with the PC or laptop version, you can spend more time viewing the live feed especially in those important times of the day.
It is just nice that Flir has taken so much effort in making their product useful and accessible on various platforms. This makes the Flir security system more flexible and highly advised on home and business establishments.
For those of you that have been using Lorex and Flir devices how was your experience so far? Are there any hiccups and some conflicts with its operation? Is there any suggestion that you think would have made this already good device even better? Tell us in the comment section. We would love to know what you think and your ideas.
Also, feel free to leave any questions if you have some down below. We will try to get back to you as soon as we can.