192.168.1.1 is an Internet Protocol (IP) address that Linksys, a Cisco device, commonly uses. Linksys deals in broadband routers used worldwide, and it uses this as a default gateway to configure its routers. Although this IP address is not exclusive to Linksys but other router companies mostly use different addresses while configuring their network.
You can easily configure your router by entering 192.168.1.1 in your browser address bar. A page will appear asking you to create a new username and password for the future. If something else than this page appears, check if your router is on or not.
Also, it is possible that you have chosen the correct wrong network connection, just check if everything is ok and try again. When you are sure that everything is good to go, then you can directly login to your router admin page by clicking on the link below.
What Is 192.168.1.1?
One of the most common addresses for routers by different manufacturers is the IP address 192.168.1.1. This can be helpful through various tasks. It can also help you with administrative tasks aside from managing the settings.
What does 192.168.1.1 do?
After you open the website, 192.168.1.1, you can have permission to the router, then you can change various things from the settings like ADSL username, DNS connections, password, and different settings that has relation to the Wi-Fi, RIP, and other features which exist on your router. This can also help you to do some of the administrative tasks like trouble shooting.. The IP address can also be used to server, in order to reboot the router.
Addressing common router problems
- Checking whether your computer is connected to the router.
- Making sure your router is on.
- Making sure that your router is connected to the modem.
- Check whether the LAN wire is connected to the router.
How to Find your Router’s IP Address
Here are different ways for you to determine your router’s IP address.
- Go to Start -> then All Programs -> then Accessories -> then Command Prompt.
- In Command Prompt, write the following: ipconfig | findstr/i “Gateway” and press Enter.
- You’ll see something like this C:Documents and Settingsadministrator>ipconfig | findstr/i “Gateway” Default Gateway : 192.168.1.1
- This shows that 192.168.1.1 is your default router IP address.
On Macintosh OS
- Firstly, the Terminal application needs to be opened. You’ll find it by going to Finder, then to Applications, then to Utilities, then Terminal app.
- In Terminal app, write the following “summon: netstat – nr | grep default”
- Now you will see something like this there joe$ netstat – nr | grep default 192.168.1.1 UGSc 50 46 en1
- This shows your router’s default IP address.